October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month, which was created to promote awareness of the importance of cyber security in our daily lives. According to the Department of Homeland Security, "National Cyber Security Awareness Month (NCSAM) is designed to engage and educate public and private sector partners through events and initiatives to raise awareness about the importance of cyber security, provide them with tools and resources needed to stay safe online, and increase the resiliency of the Nation in the event of a cyber incident."
Here at DocXellent we take cyber security and the protection of our customers' intellectual property very seriously. We have many procedures in place to ensure our users' online safety; among them are:
- Testing our web-based document control software, ENSUR, for vulnerabilities using a code scanning tool
- Constantly updating our software if any new vulnerabilities are found
- Continuously monitoring our public facing websites/applications with Anti-Intrusion/Anti-malware scans
Additionally, ENSUR, has many built-in safeguards that protect our users from potential online threats, including:
- Electronic signatures
- Multi-factor password authentication
- Ability to set extensive password requirements for users
- Single Sign-On
Check back with us throughout the month of October for tips on how to be safe online! In the meantime, visit the National Cyber Security Alliance website for more information on cyber security.