DOCXELLENT renews its commitment to global efforts advocating for Cybersecurity and Online Behavior Change during Cybersecurity Awareness Month – October 2021.
This year’s initiative highlights the growing importance of cybersecurity and encouraging individuals and organizations to take necessary measures to stay safe and secure in an increasingly connected world.
October 1, 2021 — Today, DocXellent announced its commitment to Cybersecurity Awareness Month, held annually in October, by signing up as a 2021 Champion and joining a growing global effort to promote the awareness of online safety and privacy. This is the company's fourth year as a Champion. The Cybersecurity Awareness Month Champions Program is a collaborative effort among businesses, government agencies, colleges and universities, associations, nonprofit organizations and individuals committed to the Cybersecurity Awareness Month theme of ‘Do Your Part. #BeCyberSmart.’
As a champion of online safety and data privacy, DocXellent is conducting additional cybersecurity awareness training for its employees, as well as spreading the message with social media campaigns, press releases and blog stories etc., during this #CybersecurityAwareness Month. Find out more at staysafeonline.org/cybersecurity-awareness-month/champions/.
More than ever before, technology plays a part in almost everything we do. Connected devices have been woven into society as an integral part of how people communicate and access services essential to their well-being. Despite these great advances in technology and the conveniences this provides, recent events have shown us how quickly our lives and businesses can be disrupted when cybercriminals and adversaries use technology to do harm. Cybersecurity Awareness Month aims to shed light on these security vulnerabilities while offering actionable guidance surrounding behaviors anyone can take to protect themselves and their organizations. Everyone has a responsibility to do their part in securing our interconnected world.
This year, the Cybersecurity Awareness Month’s (October 2021) main weekly focus areas will revolve around:
- Understanding and implementing basic cyber hygiene, including the importance of strong passwords, using multi-factor authentication, performing software updates and backing up data.
- Recognizing and reporting phishing attempts whether it’s through email, text messages, or chat boxes.
- Empowering individuals to not only practice safe online behavior but consider joining the mission of securing our online world by considering a career in cybersecurity!
- Making cybersecurity a priority in business by making products and processes “secure by design” and considering cybersecurity when purchasing new internet-connected devices.
- If everyone does their part – implementing stronger security practices, raising community awareness, educating vulnerable audiences or training employees – our interconnected world will be safer and more resilient for everyone.
Now in its 18th year, Cybersecurity Awareness Month continues to build momentum and impact with the ultimate goal of providing everyone with the information they need to stay safer and more secure online. DocXellent is proud to support this far-reaching online safety awareness and education initiative which is co-led by the National Cyber Security Alliance and the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Agency (CISA) of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
For more information about Cybersecurity Awareness Month 2021 and how to participate in a wide variety of activities, visit staysafeonline.org/cybersecurity-awareness-month/. You can also follow and use the official hashtag #BeCyberSmart on social media throughout the month.
DocXellent has been a NCSAM Champion for four straight years. We value the promotion of safe online practices because we take cybersecurity and the protection of our customers' intellectual property very seriously. We have many procedures in place to ensure our users' online safety. These include:
- Testing our web-based document control software, ENSUR, for vulnerabilities using a code scanning tool
- Constantly updating our software if any new vulnerabilities are found
- Continuously monitoring our public facing websites/applications with Anti-Intrusion/Anti-malware scans
Additionally, ENSUR, has many built-in safeguards that protect our users from potential online threats, including:
- Electronic signatures
- Multi-factor password authentication
- Ability to set extensive password requirements for users
- Single Sign-On
During the month of October, we'll be posting tips and tricks to help you maintain safe cybersecurity practices. Follow us on social media to stay informed: